Here are the bullet points you need to know about Tiger Woods heading into this week’s Quicken Loan National.
- The event benefits the Tiger Woods Foundation
- Hasn’t played on tour since the WGC on March 9th
- Says if he wasn’t the host of this event he might not have played it
- He will play this event and then rest until the British
- Says he is pain free
- In 2013, he sat out last year’s event with a sore elbow
- In 2012, he won this event by two shots
- He will have a new sponsor on his golf bag – MusclePharm
- Vegas has him at 14-1 odds which makes him co-favorite
- Insiders say his swing looks good on the range today
- Direct Quote “After a lot of therapy, I have recovered well and will be supporting my foundation next week at the Quicken Loans National,” Woods said on his Facebook page. “I’ve just started to hit full shots, but it’s time to take the next step. I will be a bit rusty, but I want to play myself back into competitive shape. Excited for the challenge ahead.
Full press conference can be found here: