T’was the night before the Masters and all through the house… yeah, yeah you get the point.
After taking a look at the field and analyzing past performances at Augusta I’ve come up with some traditional and not so traditional picks for this years event. With a field size of under 100 and everyone on top form this could be tight race for this year’s green jacket.
*EDITOR NOTE – I wasn’t taking DJ long before he fell down a flight of stairs*
5. JORDAN SPIETH – For obvious reasons, I am taking Jordan in my top 5. Past performances in his last 3 tournaments prove he should buzz around the top and although he hasn’t had a great start to 2017, you can’t rule out his putting touch at Augusta.
4. SERGIO GARCIA – Yes that’s right, I’m taking Sergio Garcia. I just made Jordan a top 5 pick based on putting and then going right to Sergio who has a history for poor putting. You must note that this is Sergio 2.0 armed with an early win and new solid love life that seems to be keeping his spirituality in line. He looks happy, in love, rested and ready.
3. BRANDT SNEDEKER – When is this guy not geared up for Augusta. Yeah he looks like Opie but come on, he’s a fighter!
2. LEE WESTWOOD – For the same reason I take him every year. He constantly buzzes around the leader boards of Majors come Sunday and one of these days he will “Willett” his way into his first major.
1. JUSTIN ROSE – I think the Olympic win did wonders for Justin backing up his US Open successes. He loves Augusta, gets comfortable early and is a Major winner. This year he slips on the Green Jacket… #justsaying #sorrynotsorry